Accéder au contenu principal

Interview #15: THE DIMIDIUM AFFAIR

 


Links   


Insta


Linktree


Bandcamp


Spotify


Interview #15


1.What pedal or instrument you take for a mission to Mars?

When it comes to the instrument, the question is simple. I would definitely take my Ibanez FR1620 Prestige. This guitar can be heard in all my songs. The instrument inspires me every time.

For the pedals it looks more difficult I think a multieffect or a reverb pedal; everything sounds better with reverb. What, is there reverb on mars?


2.What album you take for a neverending moon travel?

That's a super hard question. I often listen to different music. If I really had to choose just one album, I think it would be 'Roads to Judah by Deafheaven'. That album opened up a whole new world for me after the first listen. The album brings me down when I'm stressed, but also pushes me up when I'm down. Somehow you drift into another world when you get into it. Simply ingenious, definitely listen to it.



3.What are your conditions, your habits or your inspiration when composing a new track?

I think every musician knows this: there are phases in which you are super creative. But there are also phases when you hold a guitar in your hand and think, what am I doing here? These inspiration holes can last a few months and have often made me doubt whether I should continue making music. I once sold all my equipment and took a long break. To come back to the question, my favorite guitar often gives me inspiration because playing it is so effortless. But also everyday situations inspire me. Often everyday things set the mood of my music.



4.Do you have any information to give us concerning a new album or a new track?

I wrote a 28 minute EP together with At The Grove. This will be released on 01.April.22 and is called 'What We Have Done'. The title in combination with the cover already suggest the content of the EP. On the whole, it's about what we, the human race, have done to the planet. The titles describe what we do to the planet earth every day through our behavior. For example, the second track is called "Pollution". A somewhat tragic topic for an EP but as I said before, everyday things inspire me.


5.Which artist would you like to work with? (musician, illustrator, movie director or composer)

So my musical role model on the guitar is Cameron Maynard from "The Contortionist". He is such an underrated guitarist. He composes extremely sophisticated progressive guitar riffs and is super humble as a person. I can't begin to touch him on guitar but seeing him compose and come up with new ideas would be super interesting.



6.For which film would you have liked to make a sound track?

I don't think there is a particular film. I think my music and especially the new EP would fit best to a Roland Emmerich movie. Maybe "The Day After Tomorrow".

Strangely enough my songs always sound like the end of time and the end of the world. Maybe I should go to a therapy :P

I let a colleague who doesn't listen to postrock listen to my EP and asked him about a picture the EP paints for him - he said: The moon is falling to earth. According to that, some Roland Emmerich movie.



Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Interview #18: ATONALITA

  Links Insta Linktree Bandcamp Interview #18 1) What pedal or instrument you take for a mission to Mars?   It is very interesting question because I'm always thinking about planets, galaxies and generally astronomy issues. For such kind of mission I need just my violin! Because I have started playing music with violin and I can go every where with that! I was a classical violinist and I had  lots of enjoyable memories in different philharmonic and symphonic orchestras, but classical music was not the voice of my soul. I love post-rock music so,  I decided to change my music path into what I think fits better to my interests. I learned to play different instruments of this genre and I owe violin in this regard! It helped me a lot. So, having violin is enough for me to go to the end of the infinite universe! What a paradoxical statement! Hahaha 2) What album you take for a neverending moon travel? Albums have different tracks. Some of these tracks could be better than others and it

Interview #11: OREANA

  Links Insta Linktree Bandcamp Spotify Interview #11 1.What pedal or instrument you take for a mission to Mars? This question is actually very relevant to me right now, because I've just moved to Dubai for 6 months, and sometimes it feels like Mars, especially with the desert landscape! I could only take one of my five guitars with me, so I actually had to make this choice!  Between guitars and basses, I chose a guitar because I'm still learning guitar and I thought it would keep me more entertained as I continue to learn and take lessons. Between my guitars, I chose my Gibson SG because I can change the tuning on it lol. I love my new Jericho, but it has an evertune bridge so I can't really change tuning between standard, drop D, and drop C, and sometimes I want to switch between the tunings for my guitar lessons, covers I'm working on, or my own songs. Spoiler alert tho- I couldn't live without my basses apparently and I bought one here for $100 like 2 weeks afte

Interview #16: KIDSAWCAT

  Links   Insta Campsite Bandcamp Interview #16 1.    What pedal or instrument do you take for a mission to Mars? Just thinking, maybe we should restrain ourselves from ruining another planet... Anyway, I’d take my guitar of course, a Reverend double agent. It fits my needs and does the trick. Plus, I love to watch it, electric guitars are definitely the most beautiful instruments around, lol. Let me pack the Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run Reverb&Delay as well. It’s been with me all along. It’s both an experimental device and does classic stuff too. 2.    What album do you take for a neverending moon travel? I love to listen through albums. It's a mindfull thing to do, taking the time to listen, to enjoy the artwork, the liner notes. I’d love to release a physical album in the future. ‘Lost in the dream’ from The War on Drugs is very dear to me. I’ve literally listened hundreds and hundreds of hours to this particular record. It’s a feel-good album to me. But, I would take a