Accéder au contenu principal

Interview #11: OREANA

 



Links

Insta


Linktree


Bandcamp


Spotify


Interview #11


1.What pedal or instrument you take for a mission to Mars?

This question is actually very relevant to me right now, because I've just moved to Dubai for 6 months, and sometimes it feels like Mars, especially with the desert landscape! I could only take one of my five guitars with me, so I actually had to make this choice! 

Between guitars and basses, I chose a guitar because I'm still learning guitar and I thought it would keep me more entertained as I continue to learn and take lessons. Between my guitars, I chose my Gibson SG because I can change the tuning on it lol. I love my new Jericho, but it has an evertune bridge so I can't really change tuning between standard, drop D, and drop C, and sometimes I want to switch between the tunings for my guitar lessons, covers I'm working on, or my own songs. Spoiler alert tho- I couldn't live without my basses apparently and I bought one here for $100 like 2 weeks after I moved here haha. 


2.What album you take for a neverending moon travel?

Ugh this would be so hard. Only 1 album? It would have to be Owl City since they're still my all time favorite band. Still so hard to choose only 1 album. Probably would have to be Ocean Eyes (Deluxe Version) since there are more songs on that one, and it's so good. Bonus fun fact- this album has a picture on the cover of my favorite building here in Dubai called the Burj Al Arab. 


3.What are your conditions, your habits or your inspiration when composing a new track?

My inspiration is from some of my favorite post-rock bands, owl city, and my pals who are also post-rock solo projects. I am incredibly inspired by solo projects in general, that one person can make something incredible out of nothing, and it is so coherent, because they have total control over it, and it sounds like "them". Everyone has a unique sound or type of music that comes out of them, it's so cool. Other habits I have when writing... I usually start with a simple loop on guitar, add another loop, add another loop, add bass and drums for the build, then change the drum beat and chord progression and call it a "chorus" and then repeat. Most of my songs follow this structure, it's pretty basic lol. 


4.Do you have any information to give us concerning a new album or a new track? 

Hm. I've written maybe 3 or 4 new songs since coming to Dubai. Most are my typical post-rock style, but one is pop-punk/post-rock, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that one yet. My plan is slowly write a few more and then release them as an EP or album once I have enough of them to group together. 



5.Which artist would you like to work with? (musician, illustrator, movie director or composer)

Owl City is my hero, so probably him. If anyone knows him, please let him know, I would pay $$$$ for lessons, or some sort of creative session where I could learn from him. 


6.For which film would you have liked to make a sound track? 

I'm not really a film buff anymore so I probably don't have any strong thoughts on this. I did hear a Sigur Ros song in a Wes Anderson film, and he is one of my favorite directors, so that would be cool if I could write a song for one of his movies :) 



Commentaires

Enregistrer un commentaire

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Interview #18: ATONALITA

  Links Insta Linktree Bandcamp Interview #18 1) What pedal or instrument you take for a mission to Mars?   It is very interesting question because I'm always thinking about planets, galaxies and generally astronomy issues. For such kind of mission I need just my violin! Because I have started playing music with violin and I can go every where with that! I was a classical violinist and I had  lots of enjoyable memories in different philharmonic and symphonic orchestras, but classical music was not the voice of my soul. I love post-rock music so,  I decided to change my music path into what I think fits better to my interests. I learned to play different instruments of this genre and I owe violin in this regard! It helped me a lot. So, having violin is enough for me to go to the end of the infinite universe! What a paradoxical statement! Hahaha 2) What album you take for a neverending moon travel? Albums have different tracks. Some of these tracks could be better than others and it

Interview #16: KIDSAWCAT

  Links   Insta Campsite Bandcamp Interview #16 1.    What pedal or instrument do you take for a mission to Mars? Just thinking, maybe we should restrain ourselves from ruining another planet... Anyway, I’d take my guitar of course, a Reverend double agent. It fits my needs and does the trick. Plus, I love to watch it, electric guitars are definitely the most beautiful instruments around, lol. Let me pack the Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run Reverb&Delay as well. It’s been with me all along. It’s both an experimental device and does classic stuff too. 2.    What album do you take for a neverending moon travel? I love to listen through albums. It's a mindfull thing to do, taking the time to listen, to enjoy the artwork, the liner notes. I’d love to release a physical album in the future. ‘Lost in the dream’ from The War on Drugs is very dear to me. I’ve literally listened hundreds and hundreds of hours to this particular record. It’s a feel-good album to me. But, I would take a